Ulverstone Wharf Precinct
The beautiful wharf precinct and Gnomon Pavilion are located off Crescent Street, within easy walking distance of Ulverstone’s shopping hub.
This contemporary community space on the edge of the Leven River, with its windows framing the Dial Range and Mt Gnomon beyond, offers the perfect location for your next business meeting, community event or function.
The Gnomon Pavilion offers the very best in meeting or conference facilities. A large 90” LCD with video conferencing and web connection makes it the perfect place for meetings of large and small groups.
Capable of accommodating up to 84 people, the River Room provides a bright, fresh space to hold your next meeting. Set up with full meeting facilities including projector, screen and internet connection, it will make holding your next meeting easy.
If you require a smaller space for your meeting or exhibition, the Foyer is a great option. Accommodating up to 72 people it has a large LCD screen that connects to a laptop or USB.
Both these options are easily accessible from the entrance on the eastern side of the building, adjacent to the ample free car parking. The venue and precinct are wheel chair and pram friendly.
For further information, contact:
Cultural Facilities & Events Officer
Central Coast Council, PO Box 220, Ulverstone 7315
Phone - (03) 6429 8900
For bookings, contact Bookings:
Phone - (03) 6429 8928
Email - [email protected]
Ulverstone Wharf Brochure
THE ULVERSTONE WHARF PRECINCT ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Operating Guidelines and Charter was formally adopted by the Central Coast Council on 17 March 2014.
The Ulverstone Wharf Precinct was built by the Council to host community events that build on our ‘sense of place’ and exhibit the richness and diversity of our community.
The Council is committed to working with the community to ensure the Wharf Precinct provides for the community as planned and to guide future developments in this space.
To achieve this, in 2014 the Ulverstone Wharf Precinct Advisory Committee was established to assist the Council in ensuring the Wharf Precinct is host to a calendar of events complementary to the space.
The role of the Ulverstone Wharf Precinct Advisory Committee is to assist the Council in ensuring that the Wharf Precinct spaces value-add to community by:
- acting as an advisory body to the Council;
- providing a formal link between the community, the Wharf Precinct spaces sub-committees and the Council;
- supporting the sub-committees in their endeavours;
- encouraging and promoting greater community use of the spaces;
- ensuring opportunity for all to make use of the spaces;
- utilising the skills, knowledge and creative energy of community members, and
- maintaining a year-round calendar of events
RELATIONSHIP TO THE COUNCIL
The Committee has been established as a representative group to advise the Council.
The Council will coordinate Committee meetings and manage agendas and minutes for each meeting.
Relevant Council staff will attend Committee meetings as required.
Members will be based within Central Coast and will comprise:
- one Councillor;
- one representative from the [email protected] sub-committee;
- one representative from the Cradle Coast Farmers Market Inc. Committee;
- one representative from Leven Regional Arts;
- one representative from Pier01;
- one representative from Pedro’s Restaurant;
- three community representatives with no affiliation to the community groups listed above, including a representative of ‘youth’ in community;
- a minute taker (to be resourced by the Council).
The General Manager (or her/his representative) will be the Chairperson at any meeting of the Committee.
Meetings of the Committee will be held on a bi-monthly based at a fixed time. There is scope to vary meeting times/day by agreement of a Committee meeting.
The Mayor and General Manager are the principal spokespersons for the Council. Members of the Committee shall not make statements to the media.